Answered By: Library Reference Last Updated: Aug 03, 2016 Views: 48
M & A data sources:
1. For specific deals; use Bloomberg.
Access Bloomberg; type MA and hit GO
- Search the company in Mergent, select the company on the result list and click in;
- On the result page of a specific company, click in Company Details -> History -> Topics filter -> Acquisitions Completed /Mergers Completed.
3. Thomson One Bank (Can only open on IE browser)
To search all M & A cases in a certain time window:
- Go to Screening and Analysis -> Filings;
- Under Filing Category and Type search Mergers & Acquisitions, customize the Filing Date on top of it.
M & A articles; news and analysis on M&A; Leveraged Buyouts; etc.;
Library books available for research:
- The Art of M & A : A Merger/Acquisition/Buyout Guide,by Stanley Foster Reed; Alexandra Reed Lajoux, and H. Peter Nesvold.
- The Mergers & acquisitions handbook, by Rock, Milton L., Rock, Robert H., and Sikora, Martin J.