Answered By: Library Reference Last Updated: May 11, 2018 Views: 178
Yes, you can download ebooks through the library’s subscriptions to Ebook Central and eBooks on EBSCOhost. Downloads are only useable for the checkout period that is indicated when you download the book (usually 1-14 days depending on the book). You may download the book again if you still need it.Your device must be compatible with Adobe Digital Editions. Ebooks on EBSCOhost can also use an app that supports Adobe Digital Editions such as BlueFire Reader or Aldiko.
- You can read eBooks online without downloading them. No special software is needed.
- Most eBooks will allow you to email yourself a limited number of pages as a PDF that you can keep forever. You do not need Adobe Digital Editions to do this. Just open the book from the library database and options will appear.
- Some eBooks have restrictions on the number of simultaneous users, so you may get a message telling you that the ebook is in use. This is normal, and we recommend that you check back later. You might want to consider this limitation for yourself and others as you decide whether or not to download.
- Ebooks accessed through Skillsoft Books cannot be downloaded.
How to download:
- After selecting an ebook from either Ebook Central or eBooks on EBSCOhost, click the download option
- The database will provide you with a series of prompts that will walk you through the download process including any logins and software that you will need to download. The initial set up requires quite a few things, so be sure to read/follow each prompt carefully.
- After the initial set up, downloading is easy.
Check our E-book guide for more information.