Answered By: Sofia Slutskaya Last Updated: Jul 26, 2016 Views: 126
Answered By: Sofia Slutskaya
Last Updated: Jul 26, 2016 Views: 126
To successfully download library e-books to your Nook, you'll need
- Adobe ID (free from https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/membership/index.cfm)
- Adobe Digital Editions (free software from Adobe)
- Find a downloadable book on eBooks on EBSCOhost or Academic eBooks on EBSCOhost.
- Log-in to your EBSCOhost account. If you don’t have My EBSCOhost account, create one (free).
- Search for an e-book.
- Click the Download (Offline) link for the e-book you would like to download/borrow.
- Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
- When a downloaded e-book is opened, it is displayed in Adobe Digital Editions
- Connect your Nook to your computer using the USB cord that comes with your Nook.
- Drag and Drop the titles you want to transfer from "All Items" in Adobe Digital Editions to your Nook folder.
- Use the "Safely Remove Hardware" function on your computer.
- On the Nook, e-books borrowed from the library are located in Library > My Files > Digital Edition.
- If an ebook you are trying to download is not available, a “Sorry, this eBook is in use” message will pop up.
- EBSCO e-books downloaded to your device automatically expire at the end of the pre-designated period. They are then rendered unusable and can be deleted from your device.