Answered By: Scott Pieper Last Updated: Sep 12, 2018 Views: 478
Requesting a book from another Georgia State University campus is called an intercampus loan; this includes all Perimeter campuses as well as the Atlanta campus.
1. From the GIL-Find catalog, search for the item you'd like to request.
2.Once you find it, look in the Get It section.
In the “Get It” section, sign into your account with your Campus ID and password.
3. Once you are signed in, click on the Request link that appears after “Request Options.”
4. A box will appear that allows you to select a pickup location from a dropdown menu. The pickup location is the campus library where you want to check out the book. The remaining fields are optional. When you are done, click Request in the lower left corner.
5. You will get confirmation that your request was placed and how many people are waiting on the request ahead of you.
6. When the book arrives at the pickup location, you will get an email notice that your book is ready for pickup at the library service desk. If the item is not picked up within ten days, the request will be canceled and the book returned to its home campus.
- Items that are missing or lost cannot be requested.
- Reference items, reserve items and equipment (such as calculators) are not available for request.
- Your requested item will take 1-3 business days to arrive at the selected campus library. If the item is checked out by another patron, it may be up to four weeks.
- The courier does not operate on weekends, so take that into account when planning to get a book for an assignment. For example, a book requested on a Thursday may arrive on Friday, or may arrive the next Monday.
- You can check in your library account to see the status of your request, to see if it's on the hold shelf, or to cancel the request.
- Items are held for ten days. If they are not picked up during that time, the hold is canceled and the item returned to its home library.