Answered By: Scott Pieper Last Updated: Aug 31, 2016 Views: 300
Requesting a book from another Georgia State University campus is called an intercampus loan; this includes all Perimeter campuses as well as the Atlanta campus. This video shows you how to place an intercampus loan request.
If you prefer text directions, please see below:
From the GIL-Find catalog, search for the item you'd like to request. Once you find it, click on the title. Below the campus location and call number, there is an option to "Place a Request".
Click on "Place a Request" and enter your 900#, GSU Library ID, or Panther Number, your last name, and your library PIN (need a library PIN?) and then log in. Select the pickup location you prefer from the drop down menu, then click "Submit request".
If the request is successful, you'll see a message that reads "Request is being processed". When the item is traveling between campuses, the status message says "In transit" and when the item has arrived at its destination, the message reads "On hold for pickup."
- Items that are checked out, missing or lost cannot be requested.
- Reference items and reserve items are not available for request.
- Your requested item will take 24-48 hours to arrive at the selected campus library.
- You can check in your library account to see if your item has arrived.
- The courier does not operate on weekends, so take that into account when planning to get a book for an assignment. For example, a book requested on a Thursday may arrive on Friday, or may arrive the next Monday.
updated 6/10/15 kv