Answered By: Scott Pieper Last Updated: Jun 18, 2018 Views: 414
Requesting a book from another Georgia State University campus is called an intercampus loan; this includes all Perimeter campuses as well as the Atlanta campus.
From the GIL-Find catalog, search for the item you'd like to request. Once you find it, look in the Get It section.
- Sign in, if prompted to do so. (Use your GSU username and password.)
- Click the Request link. (If you don't see the link, sign in to your library account first.)
- Select your campus from the Pickup Location menu and click Request. (The remaining fields are optional.)
- Items that are missing or lost cannot be requested.
- Reference items and reserve items are not available for request.
- Your requested item will take 1-3 business days to arrive at the selected campus library. If the item is checked out by another patron, it may be up to four weeks.
- You can check in your library account to see if your item has arrived.
- The courier does not operate on weekends, so take that into account when planning to get a book for an assignment. For example, a book requested on a Thursday may arrive on Friday, or may arrive the next Monday.