Answered By: Scott Pieper Last Updated: Aug 03, 2020 Views: 702
Requesting a book from another Georgia State University campus is called an intercampus loan; this includes all Perimeter campuses as well as the Atlanta campus.
1. From the library catalog, search for the item you'd like to request.
2. Once you find it, click on the title of the book to display its information.
3. In the “Get It” section, sign into your account with your Campus ID and password, as seen in the image below.
4. Once you are signed in, click on the Request link that appears after “Request Options," as shown in the screenshot below.
5. A box will appear that allows you to select a pickup location from a dropdown menu, as seen in the following image. The pickup location is the campus library where you want to check out the book. The remaining fields are optional. When you are done, click request in the lower left corner.
6. You will get confirmation that your request was placed and how many people are waiting on the request ahead of you.
7. When the book arrives at the pickup location, you will get an email notice that your book is ready for pickup at the library service desk. If the item is not picked up within ten days, the request will be canceled and the book will be returned to its home campus.
Requested items table about 1-3 business days to arrive at the selected campus library. If the item is checked out by another patron, it may be up to four weeks. Remember, you can check in your library account to see the status of your request at any time.
For more help, ask a librarian.
updated 7/17/2020 kas