Answered By: Mary Ann Cullen Last Updated: Nov 06, 2017 Views: 116
All Georgia State University students, faculty, staff can borrow books from all other University System of Georgia (USG) libraries through a service called GIL Express. You can borrow these books by going to the library in person or you can place a "GIL Express request" to have the book sent to the USG library of your choice. This service is free of charge. GIL Express books take 3-10 business days to arrive. You can return the items to any USG library.
Special collection items, most textbooks, electronic books and items other than books are not available for GIL Express borrowing. You can request articles and non-book media through interlibrary loan.
Here's how to place a GIL Express request using the GIL Universal catalog:
- In the GIL Universal Catalog (GIL UC), locate the book you would like to request and click Get It. Make sure that it shows at least one copy available and that it is a regular circulating item (e.g. not in a special collection or an electronic resource).
- If you aren't already logged into your library account, Sign In to log in with your campus ID and password. (The Sign in link is in the upper right of the window.)
- From the Get it page, choose "More USG Libraries"
- Select your pick-up location from the drop-down menu and click Request.
- Choose your Pickup Library and Pickup Location, then click Request.
- Check your library account to make sure the request was successful and to monitor the status of your request. When the status is "On hold," the item is ready to be picked up.
For more information:
~updated 11/6/17 mac