Answered By: Mary Ann Cullen Last Updated: Aug 10, 2017 Views: 260
GSU Library has two databases that contain streaming video of feature films, SWANK Digital Campus and Kanopy.
Kanopy Streaming Video contains documentaries as well as classic, independent, and foreign films. These films are all part of the database and are not individually licensed like SWANK films. Links to Share and embed codes are available for each film directly in the database.
SWANK Digital Campus database has over 150 feature films available to students, faculty, and staff with an active GSU Username and password. The SWANK Digital Campus guide contains a list of current films that tells you how to access and view SWANK streaming feature films. It also has an access request form for Perimeter faculty. To access these films:
- Access the SWANK Digital Campus database directly. Find this link under S in the Databases A-Z list on the library homepage.
- SWANK films may be made available as direct links or embedded in iCollege courses. Faculty may now generate URLs for most SWANK films in within the database without placing a request - Here's how. Faculty may also request links and embed codes through the Access Request form on the SWANK digital campus guide.
- Films are selected for SWANK by faculty request. As requests usually exceed available funds, the library must sometimes prioritize requests. Licenses begin at the beginning of Spring and Fall semesters and are good for one year.
- Perimeter College SWANK film links distributed prior to Fall 2016 no longer work. Use the SWANK request form to request updated links.
- Atlanta campus faculty should contact Nedda Ahmed with questions about SWANK.
- Perimeter campus faculty should contact Mary Ann Cullen.
~updated 8/10/17 mac